WellCare Health Plans Inc. began in 1985 and is based in Tampa, Florida. WellCare provides managed care services through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans to more than 4 million members nationwide.
The WellCare Vision
2018 Company Highlights
- WellCare named one of the best places to work in Kentucky
- WellCare named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Most Admired Companies”
- WellCare of New York rated among high performing Medicaid health plans in the state
- 9k: The approximate number of associates that WellCare employs nationwide
- 425k: The approximate number of contracted health care providers that WellCare provides access to
- 3 million: The approximate number of WellCare members nationwide
Some brands that are part of the WellCare family include:
- Staywell Kids
- Easy Choice Health Plan
- Exactus Pharmacy Solutions
- Heritage Health
- Care 1st
- WellCare Healthy Connections
WellCare Advocacy and Community-Based Programs
WellCare’s Advocacy and Community-Based Programs help members navigate their local social support network and connect community resources. Ultimately, the goal of these programs are to lower the overall cost of healthcare and improve health outcomes for WellCare members.
Some WellCare Advocacy and Community-Based Programs include:
- WellCare Associate Volunteer Efforts (WAVE)
- WellCare Community Foundation
WellCare employees also support organizations such as OneBlood, Habitat for Humanity, Feeding America, Metropolitan Ministries and the United Way.
Christian Worstell is a health care and policy writer for MedicareSupplement.com. He has written hundreds of articles helping people better understand their Medicare coverage options.