Where Is a Medicare Office Near Me?
Find your nearest Medicare office for help with Medicare and Social Security. To compare private Medicare Supplement plans available in your area, call our licensed insurance agents.
How do I Find a Medicare Office Near Me?
To locate the nearest Medicare office, visit the official Social Security Administration's (SSA) office locator tool. Simply enter your zip code and click "Locate" to find an SSA office that handles Medicare-related inquiries in your area.
If you prefer speaking to someone over the phone, call the Medicare provider number at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) anytime, 24/7. TTY users should dial 1-877-486-2048.
Does Medicare Have Local Offices?
No; however, there are multiple resources to contact your closest Medicare office. Medicare offers 2 national offices in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MA, as well as 10 regional offices. These regional locations are in:
- Boston, MA
- New York City, NY
- Philadelphia, PA
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Kansas City, MO
- Denver, CO
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
If these Medicare offices are not close to your location, there are local social security offices that can provide Medicare resources as well.
How Can I Contact Medicare By Phone?
If you require help with your Medicare queries and issues, don't be afraid to contact a customer support representative. For TTY users, a toll-free Medicare phone number is available 24/7: 1-877-486-2048. Excluding certain federal holidays, the customer support representatives are prepared to answer any questions regarding coverage for Medicare beneficiaries.
Submit Claims to Medicare
For those who need to submit claims to Medicare, electronic submission using a provider number is the most common method; however, paper submissions are also accepted and should be mailed to the designated address.
- Electronic Submission: Use the Medicare.gov website along with the provider number on your Medicare card.
- Paper Claims: Mail completed CMS-1500 or UB04 forms to the designated claims address.
Note that processing times for paper claims may be longer than electronic submissions. For more information on submitting claims and finding resources, visit the official Medicare website.
Who is the Best Person to Talk To About Medicare?
Finding the right person to discuss Medicaid services and concerns with can be crucial in ensuring you receive accurate and helpful information. There are several resources available for guidance:
- Medicare Support Hotline: Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or use TTY at 1-877-486-2048. Customer support representatives are available 24/7, except on some federal holidays.
- Eldercare Locator: Contact your local Area Agency on Aging through the Eldercare Locator, which connects older adults and their families to services in their community.
- Local Offices: Search online for any local presence of Medicare agencies to speak about available Medicare services for Medicare parts A, B, C, and D.
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP): SHIP works with state governments and can provide information on Medicare plans, such as Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, or prescription drug plans, to any person looking for information.
How do I find a Medicare Office Near Me?
To find your local Medicare center, visit the Social Security Office Locator, enter your zip code, and search for nearby offices. Alternatively, you can call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance in locating an office near you.
How do I know if I have Medicare?
The official website for Medicare can answer this question. Government Medicare websites offer comprehensive information on various aspects such as eligibility, enrollment procedures, coverage options, costs and more. Additionally, resources like the annual "Medicare & You" handbook and publications from CMS are valuable sources of accurate information.
Overall, finding your local Medicare office is an important step in managing your healthcare needs. Whether you need to talk to a customer support representative or submit claims, the Medicare claims address can provide valuable assistance and guidance. It's also helpful to know who the best person is to talk to about Medicare.
Compare Medigap plans in your area.Find a plan
Or call now to speak with a licensed insurance agent: