3 things to know about Medicare coverage:
- Each part of Medicare covers different services.
- Original Medicare (Parts A & B) provide standard benefits that don’t change.
- Parts C & D benefits depend on the plan you choose.
Each part of Medicare covers different medical costs. This page outlines the basic costs each part covers.
If you want to look up a specific medical expense to find out which part will cover it, use the “Your Medicare Benefits” guide provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Part A includes coverage for:
- Inpatient hospital stays
- Hospice care
- Skilled nursing facility care
- Some home health care
Part B includes coverage for:
- Certain doctors services
- Outpatient care
- Medical supplies
- Preventative services
Part C (Medicare Advantage)
Part C includes coverage for:
- The same hospital and medical care as Original Medicare
- May include drug coverage, vision, dental, or wellness programs, depending on which plan you choose
Part D includes coverage for:
- Prescription drugs